Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The Photography Mecca












Naples is a coastal city that no one with a camera should go through this lifetime and not see with their own lens. From the moment I arrived, I don't think I have ever yet picked my jaw up off the ground. Just when you thought it could get no better than something you just saw, you'll see something else that would just blow your mind. From the sweeping background views of the infamous Mt. Vesuvius whose famous 79 A.D. eruption destroyed the cities of Herculaneum, Stabiae and Pompeii, to the historically famous castle Castel dell' Ovo, to the fact that pizza originated right here in this very city known best for its pie created for and named after Queen Margherita because the people loved her so much, and after I ate my first piece, Queen Margherita, Bluestill loves you too. To seeing the American flag blowing in front of the U.S. Embassy in Naples. And please, do not get hungry while you walk or drive around the city. There is so much history about the city, and just as much history about its food and wines. After all this is where pizza was invented and it's a title I don't ever think the italians will ever lose the rights to. The perfect blend of seafood, pasta and pizza. I will leave Naples and travel by train to Venice. Be sure to check out my blog and photos about Venice. Ms. Lee, I think you will forever be my most favorite client after this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment